I know it’s January 17, but I’m just now posting my 2012 bucket list because I keep thinking of things to add (and I’m sure I’ll think of other things as the year goes on).
I told you my two goals for 2012 earlier. Here’s a list of things I would like to do sometime during 2012 – not necessarily my “big” goals of losing weight and doing a daily Bible reading, but some smaller things that I’m calling my bucket list.
- make an apple pie from scratch – I’m usually a chocolate dessert person but for some reason I just really want to make an apple pie from scratch – it seems like an important skill to learn.
- take cake decorating classes – I almost got to do this in the fall but then we moved and it fell by the wayside, so I will get it done this year!
- learn how to make Mom’s homemade Christmas cookies – My job the past few years has been to ice and decorate the cookies, but I’ve never made the dough, cut out the cookies, and baked them so I want to do the whole process start to finish.
- make 72 hour emergency kits for our home and cars – We have been gradually collecting items for these kits and hopefully we will have them completely assembled by the end of the year.
- make my own laundry detergent – It seems simple and cheap, so I’m going to give it a try.
- bake a loaf of homemade bread – I’ve made pumpkin bread before but I really want to try sourdough or wheat bread.
- make a quilt - I didn’t think I was going to try to tackle this one this year, but then I found out about a free online quilt class where you make 2 quilt blocks a month. I signed up for it and I’m hoping I’ll be able to stick with it and have a small quilt by the end of the year!
- grow something – This is very vague because what I grow and how much will depend on if we’re still living in our townhouse or if we’ve moved into a house with a yard by the spring/summer. Regardless of where we are I am going to try to have a tomato plant, some herbs, and maybe an aloe plant. I think I would be able to grow those on our little porch here. If we are living somewhere with access to more land then I would like to have a small square foot garden with some cucumbers, peppers, corn, squash, etc.
- can pickles – One of Michael’s co-workers gave us some pickles that they canned themselves and they were amazingly delicious. He said it was really easy to can them so I’m going to learn how and can a bunch this summer.
- take some sort of vacation – Even if it’s just a weekend trip, I want us to go on a vacation (aka not a work related trip)
- get at least one scrapbook done for my in-law’s – Last Easter I gathered up all my in-law’s old pictures with the intention of scrapbooking them…that hasn’t happened yet so I’d like to get at least one scrapbook done.
- ???start an Etsy shop??? – I’m still really just tossing this idea around in my head. It’s super cheap to have an Etsy shop and I’d like to try to sell some of the crafts I make, I just don’t know when/if I’ll take the plunge.
I’ll keep you updated as I get things done (and if I think of other things to add)!