- read through the entire Bible – We finished the New Testament, started the Old Testament, and are getting close to being finished with Exodus
- get my healthy lifestyle back, specifically to lose the 20-25 pounds I’ve gained since getting married. – I don’t want to talk about it…let’s just say the numbers are not going the direction I want them to.
- make an apple pie from scratch
take cake decorating classes– I took the Wilton Cake Decorating Course 1 classes last month (see here, here, here, and here) and took Course 2 this month (here, here, and here). We actually had to start a week late, so tomorrow night will be my last class of Course 2. I’ve had fun and I’m glad I know more about decorating cakes.
- learn how to make Mom’s homemade Christmas cookies
- make 72 hour emergency kits for our home and cars
- make my own laundry detergent
- bake a loaf of homemade bread
- make a quilt – Working on it! See January, February, March, and April
- grow something – I‘ve got some ideas in my head but I haven’t planted anything yet. I’m going to wait until after we get back from Chicago since we won’t be here to water them while we’re gone.
- can pickles
- take some sort of vacation – Chicago in three weeks!
- get at least one scrapbook done for my in-law’s
- ???start an Etsy shop???
Other notable things:
- We finally had some action on our house! We received and accepted an offer. They should close on the house by the end of May! Yipee!
- We placed membership at a church in Bowling Green and are excited about getting involved there.
- I sewed my first piece of clothing.
Now that summer is almost here (only one more week of work!), I’m hoping I’ll have time to start marking more things off my list.