Friday, Friday… here are some of the good things from this week
1. Our little garden seems to be thriving (except for our aloe plant…it’s all brown and yucky). I clipped some of the basil, oregano, and parsley to use in homemade pizza sauce. We also have gotten five tiny tomatoes!
I do hope our other big tomato plant gets some tomatoes real soon so I can quit buying pounds of tomatoes at the farmers market. And to think that I used to not like tomatoes…
2. I made my own hand soap this week! I had pinned a tutorial on Pinterest about how to make your own hand soap, and since one of my 2012 goals is to make homemade laundry detergent, I figured I might as well take a crack at making hand soap too. It turned out really well.
I’ll refer you to the tutorial for all the details, but I have to tell you that this very easy and cheap. The hardest part was grating all the soap – my arm was killing me! It’s definitely worth a try if you want to save some money on soap.
3. Tonight some of the ladies from church are having another scrapbooking night. I missed last month’s so I’m really glad I get to go tonight. I got a bunch of pages done last time and I hope to be that productive again.
4. Grasping for Objectivity. This is probably the funniest blog I’ve ever read. I laughed and laughed and laughed as I read until I’m sure Michael thought I was cray-cray. I have absolutely fallen in love with Rachel and her sweet family (Hi, my name is Caitlin and I’m a total blog stalker…). Like a nerd I went back and read through all her old posts…I just couldn’t help it! They were so hilariously great! Her post about Mom Jeans is probably the funniest thing I’ve seen in a long, long time. Also, the conversations she has with her daughter (seen here) make my sides hurt from laughing so hard. Check them out for sure.
5. I got this month’s quilt blocks done this week. Just like most things, the more I practice, the better I get (although having to rip out seams and re-sew is still just as frustrating as it was when I started!). I can’t wait to see my completed quilt at the end of the year!
Linking up to