I know this is a bit late…I had this post written to go up at the end of May but some stuff came up and then I was at camp, so here I am, halfway through June, finally posting my update for May.
- read through the entire Bible – New Testament: check. Old Testament: chugging through Deuteronomy right now.
- get my healthy lifestyle back, specifically to lose the 20-25 pounds I’ve gained since getting married. – All progress that had been made has now been reversed and I’m back to square one. I have big plans to tackle that once I get back from church camp, though.
- make an apple pie from scratch
take cake decorating classes– I took the Wilton Cake Decorating Course 1 classes in March (see here, here, here, and here) and took Course 2 in April (here, here, here, and here).
- learn how to make Mom’s homemade Christmas cookies
- make 72 hour emergency kits for our home and cars
- make my own laundry detergent
bake a loaf of homemade bread– Done! I made some Amish friendship bread this month.
- make a quilt – Working on it! See January, February, March, April, and May
- grow something – Well, our little container garden has been planted. Hopefully something will actually grow!
- can pickles
take some sort of vacation– Chicago!
- get at least one scrapbook done for my in-law’s
- ???start an Etsy shop???
Other notable things:
- We sold our house!!! We closed on it right before we left for Chicago. What a relief! We’re now starting the house-hunting process…much more exciting the house-selling process.
- I graduated with my masters in library media education. And we had a graduation party.
- We went to Gatlinburg for work (for Michael) and Chicago for fun.
- I finished working as a graduate assistant at Western and started the job application process for next year.
- My women’s Bible study wrapped up for the year.
- We celebrated three wonderful years of marriage.