Happy Friday! I hope you are staying inside and cool, if you’re in a super hot region like me. Yesterday while we were out looking at houses the temperature was 106 – it was HOT! And today the high is supposed to be 108…wowzas. Today is a day for staying inside in the AC reading a good book. So while the crazy hot weather is not on my list of things of things I’m excited about this week, this is what is on the list:
1. Speaking of books, I’ve been doing quite a bit of reading this week. Actually, I’ve been doing a lot of reading since we started our 30 days of no tv challenge, but this week in particular I’ve gotten to spend lots of time escaping into the lives of my various book characters.
2. Fresh fruit is one of my favorite parts of summer and I’ve been eating it like it’s going out of style. We’ve had the juiciest, sweetest peaches and the plumpest, most delicious blackberries that I’ve been devouring each day. What I haven’t had yet is a watermelon so I’m hoping there will be some at the Farmer’s Market tomorrow.
3. VBS was great. I just loving seeing the kids singing and getting so excited to learn about God. And I had a blast helping with the babies in the nursery. That being said, I’m also glad VBS is over because by last night the babies were so over it and ready to be done. Me too, babies, me too. But seriously, it was wonderful.
4. I taught myself to do a fishtail braid this week and I love it! It was much easier than I expected, although it takes longer than a normal braid. I’m want to be more creative with my hair (Pinterest gives me some serious hair envy) but I never seem to get around to it, so I’m proud I did it this week! (hmm…just got an idea for yet another challenge…I do love my challenges…maybe 30 days of different hairstyles? I must ponder on this…)
5. R.I.P.P.E.D. is a new(ish) class that our gym recently started offering and I’ve been going the past several weeks. R.I.P.P.E.D. stands for Resistance, Intervals, Power, Plyometrics, Endurance, and Diet and the class rotates through each category, spending about 10-15 minute in each one (except diet, obviously you have to do that part outside of class). I like it because we do a variety of stuff – weights during Resistance and Power, lots of jumping and cardio during Intervals and Plyometrics, kickboxing during Endurance (I’ve never liked kickboxing before but it’s growing on me…shocker!). The only bad part is lots of push up…I’m not fond of push ups. But overall I’m really liking this class!
Linking up with Lauren