- read through the entire Bible – New Testament: check. Old Testament: we’re in 1 Samuel now. Since this is the end of June, then this marks exactly halfway through our Bible reading this year! I’m still just so surprised (and proud) that we’ve stuck with it and have read through half the Bible so far!
- get my healthy lifestyle back, specifically to lose the 20-25 pounds I’ve gained since getting married. – We started our 30 days of real food challenge this month. I’m focusing mostly on eating foods that are good for me, learning to only eat when I’m hungry and until I’m full (rather than when I’m bored and until I’m stuffed), although I’m hoping for some weight loss, too.
- make an apple pie from scratch
take cake decorating classes– I took the Wilton Cake Decorating Course 1 classes in March (see here, here, here, and here) and took Course 2 in April (here, here, here, and here).
- learn how to make Mom’s homemade Christmas cookies
- make 72 hour emergency kits for our home and cars
- make my own laundry detergent
bake a loaf of homemade bread– Done! I made some Amish friendship bread in May and whole wheat honey sandwich bread this month,
- make a quilt – Working on it! See January, February, March, April, May, and June
grow something– We’ve gotten quite a few popper tomatoes (the little ones) from one of our tomato plants, the other plant (big ones) has several but they are still green. I’ve used chives, basil, parsley, and oregano from our garden, too. The only thing that hasn’t thrived is our aloe plant, but weMichael hasn’t given up on it yet (I help a little but he does the majority of the gardening)
- can pickles
take some sort of vacation– Chicago!
- get at least one scrapbook done for my in-law’s
- ???start an Etsy shop???
Other notable things:
- I spent a week at church camp
- We started house hunting
- We started our 30 day real food challenge and our 30 day no tv challenge
- I got a JOB as a library media specialist at an elementary school!!!!
Can you believe we are halfway through 2012?!?! It is flying by! We are doing great on our goal to read the Bible through this year, but I’m really stinkin’ it up on my goal to lose weight. I have 12 items on my bucket list; I’ve completed four and one is a work in progress (the quilt). I need to get on these and try to knock a few more out before summer is over and I go back to work! Yikes!