- read through the entire Bible - New Testament: check. Old Testament: currently slogging through the “so and so son of so and so’s” in 1 Chronicles, but sticking with it
- get my healthy lifestyle back, specifically to lose the 20-25 pounds I’ve gained since getting married. - We extended our 30 day real food challenge into a 100 day challenge (we’re a little over halfway through). I’ve lost 10 pounds since we started this challenge, but that really only means -5 pounds in relation to my goal of losing 20-25 this year (because I had actually gained 5 more than my starting weight before we started our real food challenge). So 20 more to lose is my goal (and what my doctor instructed).
- make an apple pie from scratch
take cake decorating classes- I took the Wilton Cake Decorating Course 1 classes in March (see here, here, here, and here) and took Course 2 in April (here, here, here, and here).
- learn how to make Mom’s homemade Christmas cookies
- make 72 hour emergency kits for our home and cars
make my own laundry detergent– done! bake a loaf of homemade bread- Done! I made some Amish friendship bread in May and whole wheat honey sandwich bread this month
- make a quilt - Working on it! See January, February, March, April, May, June, and July
grow something- We’ve gotten quite a few popper tomatoes (the little ones) from one of our tomato plants, the other plant (big ones) has yielded three tomatoes but I think we have it in a too small pot so it hasn’t done very well. I’ve used chives, basil, parsley, and oregano from our garden, too. Our aloe plant has shown some improvement, and I actually used it last week on my sunburn!
- can pickles – not yet, but I have canned tomatoes
take some sort of vacation- Chicago!
- get at least one scrapbook done for my in-law’s
- ???start an Etsy shop???
Other notable things:
- I spent another week at church camp
- I conquered a HUGE fear of mine and did the zipline at camp!
- We completed our 30 day real food challenge and our 30 day no tv challenge and decided to extend it to a 100 day challenge
- I started my new job, the kids haven’t been there yet since school hasn’t started but I’ve been at school for a week and a half working on library-type stuff.
- We celebrated our 9 year anniversary (9 years of dating/being together, not 9 years of marriage)
August is here, school starts today, and life is about to get real busy…buckle up!