Happy Friday! I hope you’ve had a wonderful week. I had a GREAT first week of school! I had all my classes in the library this week so I got to meet all my kiddos (except preschool, they don’t come until next week). This is a total “duh” statement, but elementary school is so very different than high school. And that’s a good thing. I’m still figuring out how to handle the occasional crying and frequent tattling (not quite a big problem in high school…) but I’ll get it eventually :). I absolutely love it.
Today instead of doing 5 exciting things about my week for High Five for Friday, I’m going to do a little something different instead. Yesterday, Abbie over at Five Days Five Ways (great blog, check it out…) posted her five “I nevers”. As in the slumber party game (apparently it’s also a drinking game) “never have I ever”. I thought that was a fun idea so today I’m going to share 5 of my “never have I evers”.
1. Never have I ever eaten a peanut butter and jelly sandwich – I know. It seems so un-American. I have no idea why this is. I love peanut butter and ate a blue-million peanut butter sandwiches growing up, but I don’t know why I never ate any peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I’m not sure if I tried it when I was really little and didn’t like it (and don’t remember), or if my mom just never made them for us. A friend in college though this was preposterous so he gave me a little bite of his pb&j but it was mostly bread so I didn’t really get a taste. I don’t think I liked it though.
2. Never have I ever dyed my hair – Mostly just because I feel like once you start you have to keep it up and #1 I don’t want to have to deal with all the maintenance and #2 it’s expensive. However, I know it’s coming…probably sooner rather than later. When you find your first gray hair when you’re 15, you know it won’t be long before you have to go gray or cover it up. I’m holding out as long as I can though.
3. Never have I ever missed a class in college – Yes, I am a total nerd. I never missed a class, I never skipped a class. One time I got my times mixed up and showed up about 30 minutes late for a class, but that’s the closest I ever came to missing class. Too bad they don’t give perfect attendance awards in college.
4. Never have I ever had the flu – At least, not that I can remember (babyhood/toddlerhood doesn’t count…if I had the flu then, I certainly don’t know about it or remember). Let’s hope that doesn’t change in the future. On a similar note, I’ve also never had a flu shot.
5. Never have I ever driven more than five hours – I’ve ridden more than five hours many times while other people drove, but I’ve never drive more than five continuous hours. Which is good becuase I really dislike driving.
So that’s what I’ve never done, what have you never done?
Linking up with Lauren