- read through the entire Bible - New Testament: check. Old Testament: currently reading Esther (one of my favorite books!)
- get my healthy lifestyle back, specifically to lose the 20-25 pounds I’ve gained since getting married. - Well, nine months in and I’m finally almost 10 pounds down (plus the 5 extras that got added on later)…now only 10-15 more to go.
- make an apple pie from scratch
take cake decorating classes- I took the Wilton Cake Decorating Course 1 classes in March (see here, here, here, and here) and took Course 2 in April (here, here, here, and here).
- learn how to make Mom’s homemade Christmas cookies
- make 72 hour emergency kits for our home and cars
make my own laundry detergent- done! bake a loaf of homemade bread- Done! I’ve now made some Amish friendship bread and whole wheat honey sandwich bread.
- make a quilt - Working on it! See January, February, March, April, May, June, July, and August
grow something- Our popper tomato plant is bursting with tomatoes! They are so sweet and delicious and I love eating them on my salads. can pickles– It was quite possibly one of the stinkiest things I’ve ever experienced, but we now have 7 quarts of sweet lime pickles canned (plus 7 quarts of tomatoes, 11 pints of green beans, 13 pints of tomato sauce, 17 pints of salsa, and 9 pints of pizza sauce) take some sort of vacation- Chicago!
- get at least one scrapbook done for my in-law’s
- ???start an Etsy shop???
Other notable things:
- Our 30 day real food challenge and our 30 day no tv challenge (that has since been extended to 100 days) is going amazing. We will complete this challenge sometime soon (maybe September 18 or around in there) and I can’t wait to update you!
- School has been in session for a full month now and it is going quite well. I love the kids at our school and I’m having so much fun. I’ve also learned a ton in my short month as the school technology coordinator.
- Speaking of learning, I decided to finally move my blog from chocolatemoments.wordpress.com to my chocolatemoments.com. I did the move mostly by myself (the support people at HostGator and WordPress helped me some) and now I’m in the process of creating my own blog design. This whole process has been a ton of work but I’m having fun and proud of what I’ve learned.
- On a not-so-exciting note, we still have not found a house yet. We’ve been looking forever it seems (only about 3 months I guess, but it still seems like a super long time). I’m just trying to be patient, but boy is apartment living frustrating!
I’m hoping that September brings in some cooler temperatures (and maybe a new house!)