Hooray for FRI-DAY!!! I am so so glad it’s finally Friday – I don’t know if it was Halloween, or the weather, or the upcoming long weekend, or a combination of all those, but the kiddos have been ca-razy this week at school. Totally wild. Whew. So that brings me to the first of my high fives for this week:
1. We get a long weekend this weekend! We’re out of school on Monday and Tuesday due to the election so that gives us a nice, four-day weekend. After this crazy Halloween week, the long weekend is incredibly appreciated.
2. I’m going to use those days off to work on my quilt. I got a nice surprise when I took a peek at this month’s videos and found out that our teacher posted all the videos for how to finish the quilt! We were supposed to learn how to sash and baste our quilt in November and then how to quilt and bind in December, but she went ahead and posted all the videos so we can work on it and finish it early if we want. I’m so excited to get it all finished!
3. I rarely watch YouTube videos, but I found some this week that were hilarious – Michael and I cracked up watching these. If you need a good belly laugh today check out If Guys Were Like Girls, If Guys Were Like Girls 2, and Stuff No One Says, all by theannexboulder.
They have a lot of other videos that look funny, too, and I just haven’t gotten around to watching them yet. These videos are totally something the guys at the UCSC would have made and are so funny (and clean).
4. Our bookfair starts next week when we get back from our mini-break. The cases should be dropped off at school today so I can get stuff all set up. I’m excited about having my first fair but I’m also a little anxious about how it’s all going to go. I just know how much I loved the bookfair when I was in school and I hope my students think it’s just as fun.
5. I’m currently working on my first “big” cake – not just a batch of cupcakes or a single-tiered cake. I’m crossing my fingers that it turns out well and I can’t wait to share pictures with you.
I hope your Friday is amazing!
Linking up with Lauren