Well I’m a bit late with mt H54F post this week but better late then never, right? I’m so glad it’s Friday! Wanna know why?
1. The bookfair is over! It went really well (at least I think so, I’ve never done one before though so I don’t have anything to base it on) but I was ready to have my library back in order and things back to normal. It was like a vacation: fun for a while but then you’re ready to get back to your normal routine!
2. Next week is Thanksgiving, which means a short week of school (only Monday and Tuesday – yay!), then family time plus lots of delicious food.
3. We’re going on a real date tonight. Date night used to be something we did just about every week but ever since we started our real food challenge (it’s kinda hard to eat real food at restaurants) and then all craziness of the move we haven’t really had time for a date night recently. So tonight we are going to try a new (to us) restaurant and then probably get a movie and some of our favorite ice cream.
4. Michael has been sick this week so we’ve been eating quite a bit of soup and ice cream around here this week. No complaints here! I’ve finally found the best potato soup recipe ever and we can’t get enough of it! I plan to share it with you soon.
5. I’m really enjoying the actual quilting part of making my quilt. After spending much of more time than I expected completing the quilt top and basting everything together, I finally got around to quilting it this week. I’m doing it by hand so it’s going slow. The Block of the Month class taught us how to machine quilt but I really wanted to do it by hand so I’ve watched several YouTube videos and tried to teach myself. I have no idea if I’m doing it right but it seems to be working so I’m happy about that. I’ve been doing a little each night while we watch tv and it’s so fun. I’ve got 2.5 blocks done so far and can’t wait to get some more done!
Have a wonderful weekend, friends!
Linking up with Lauren