Is is seriously December first already? How did that happen? This year has flown by! I haven’t gotten as much done on my goals and bucket list as I’d like, but I have completed quite a few so I’m happy with what I’ve done.
- read through the entire Bible - We’re almost done! We got behind during the move, Halloween, Michael’s two business trips, and Thanksgiving but we are working hard to get caught up. We’ve gotten this far and we will finish reading the whole Bible by the end of December!
- get my healthy lifestyle back, specifically to lose the 20-25 pounds I’ve gained since getting married. - Sigh. Trying to lose weight stinks.
- make an apple pie from scratch
take cake decorating classes- I took the Wilton Cake Decorating Course 1 classes in March (see here, here, here, and here) and took Course 2 in April (here, here, here, and here).
- learn how to make Mom’s homemade Christmas cookies
- make 72 hour emergency kits for our home and cars
make my own laundry detergent- done! bake a loaf of homemade bread- Done! I’ve now made some Amish friendship bread and whole wheat honey sandwich bread.
- make a quilt - Working on it! I made all my blocks (see January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, and October), I’ve pieced the top together and basted the backing and filling together. Now I’m quilting it. I’m doing it by hand so it is taking a while, but I think I’m making pretty good progress. I should have it done by the end of the year!
grow something- tomatoes and herbs…check! can pickles- It was quite possibly one of the stinkiest things I’ve ever experienced, but we now have 7 quarts of sweet lime pickles canned (plus 7 quarts of tomatoes, 11 pints of green beans, 13 pints of tomato sauce, 17 pints of salsa, and 9 pints of pizza sauce) take some sort of vacation- Chicago!
- get at least one scrapbook done for my in-law’s
- ???start an Etsy shop??? – This one was a big maybe when I wrote this list and I’ve definitely decided not to start one, especially at this point in my life. Maybe someday, but not now.
Other notable things:
- Michael turned 27 and we had our first little get-together in our new house for his birthday.
- I was contacted twice about doing reviews and giveaways on my blog – I’ve never done that before and that was really exciting.
- I had my very first bookfair at school and it went better than expected.
- I made my first “for hire” cake for Nora’s Wizard of Oz themed first birthday.
Now I guess it’s time to get cracking on finishing up this list before the end of December. And getting decorated for Christmas. And buying presents. And making tons of food for all our holiday gatherings. And deciding what’s going to be my goals and bucket list for 2013. It’ll be a crazy (but fun, I’m sure) month!