Hi Friends – Happy Friday! I hope you’ve enjoyed your Christmas holidays and are looking forward to the New Year. I’ve been alternating between ultra-lazy and productive during my wonderful Christmas break :). Here are some happies today:
1. My quilt is finished! I just finished it last night and I couldn’t be more proud. Here’s a picture of one block in progress, but I’ll be posting pictures of the completed quilt later today or tomorrow.
2. I love watching gymnastics but in all the years I’ve watched I’ve never seen anything this amazing – some of the coolest stunts and most flexible people every! Check these girls out!
3. I finally made a homemade apple pie to complete another item on my 2012 bucket list. I used this recipe and it turned out pretty well – I thought the crust was amazing but I think I should have cut the apples into smaller pieces.
4. Once Upon a Time. Obsessed. Michael got us a Netflix subscription as an early Christmas present – I’ve been tearing it up over these past few weeks as I’ve quilted for hours a day. One of the shows I’ve discovered is Once Upon a Time and I love it! Fairy tales meet current day…sounds wacko but it is so great!
5. Right before school let out we had a Mary Kay lady come to our school with a ton of clearance items. I got a bunch of great stuff, including eyeshadow duos for $.50 each, eyeliners and eye shimmers for $2.50 and more. I also got some new makeup for Christmas. The few times over the past week that I’ve actually gotten out of my jammies and put on makeup *hangs head in shame*, I’ve been having fun experimenting with some new makeup looks. I usually do the same thing over and over again so it’s fun to try something different.
And, it’s a little late, but Merry Christmas!
Linking up with Lauren