I’ve never been one for New Year’s resolutions, but last year I set two 2012 goals (my version of resolutions) and made a bucket list of things I wanted to get done. It worked out better than I expected, especially having the bucket list – it gave me a deadline to get some things done that I had wanted to do for a long time but had never really gotten around to doing. I didn’t get them all done, but I got most of them done and I’m very proud of that. So this year I’m going to set some more goals and make another bucket list. So here we go.
My 2013 goals:
- Read through the Bible. Last year we read the New Testament straight through, then the Old Testament. I originally planned to just read it on my own, but Michael wanted to do it too so we ended up doing our readings together each day, alternating reading chapters out loud. This became a special time for us to spend together and reading out loud helped us to slow down and focus better. This year we are going to read the Bible chronologically (in the order the events happened in history). This is the plan we’re going to use if anyone else is interested.
- Improve my posture. This is hard to have as a goal because there isn’t really a way to quantify it, but I’ve had horrible posture all my life and I’ve never really cared enough to learn how to have better posture; the times that I do try to sit up straight it is very uncomfortable so it doesn’t last long. So, this year, once and for all, I am going to start sitting/standing up straight and improve my posture. If anyone has any tips, please feel free to share.
My 2013 bucket list:
- Make 72 hour emergency kits for our house and vehicles. This was one of our goals in 2012 but we never got around to it so I’m adding it to this year’s list. I’ve found a great blog that has a weekly guide for setting up an emergency kit. She also has an e-book you can buy with lots of checklists and printables. We’re going to use her tips and guides to get ours set up.
- Learn how to make Mom’s Christmas cookies. Another one of the things I had on last year’s list that I didn’t get done, so I’m going to try to do that this year.
- Take a photography class. I love my Canon Rebel and I’ve played around with it some, but I’m still shooting on manual most of the time. I’m not sure if I’ll take a class that I go to or do an online thing, but I want to take some sort of photography class. Suggestions are welcome :)
- Sew quilted stockings. I’ve found some quilted stockings that I adore and I bought the pattern, now I just need to get to work making us some personalized stockings.
- Make another quilt. I am so proud of my first quilt and I definitely want to make another. I have several patterns in mind, plus I’ve heard that Craftsy is going to do another Block of The Month class that I might participate in since I learned so much with last year’s class.
- Run a 5K. I haven’t run consistently in nearly 2 years, but after lots of rest from running and a few visits to the podiatrist, I think I’m ready to give it another go. I hope to get back in a running routine and run in a 5K.
- Make another scrapbook for my in-law’s. I’m hoping to get more than one done, but I’d at least like to get one more knocked out.
- Take more pictures of us together While looking for a picture that we could put on a Christmas card I realized that there were only two pictures of us together from 2012! There are a lot of us individually but It’s hard to get pictures together when there is just the two of you. So one of my goals is to take more pictures together this year.
Here’s to 2013 being an even better year than 2012!