The first month of 2013 is already over…wowsers! Here’s an update on how I’m doing with my 2013 goals and bucket list.
My 2013 goals:
- Read through the Bible. Going well! It’s definitely different to read the Bible chronologically rather than straight through like I have in the past. So far we’ve read Genesis, a little bit of the genealogy in 1 Chronicles, and Job.
- Improve my posture. This is still a work in progress, but I have definitely seen an improvement. I’m definitely more conscious and find myself constantly straightening up during the course of the day. However, my “default” is still slouching and standing up straight is still hard. The first few days were so hard – I was exhausted and couldn’t wait to lay down at night so I didn’t have to worry about sitting up straight :). I was also pretty sore. Then about two weeks my lower back started hurting horribly…come to find out it was a bulging disc. The chiropractor couldn’t say for sure, but it’s possible that trying to stand up straight after 25 years of hunching over irritated some discs and caused them to swell. After two weeks of chiro visits, rest, ice, and easy exercise, I’m feeling better. Not 100%, but definitely better. And I’m still working to stand up straight.
My 2013 bucket list:
- Make 72 hour emergency kits for our house and vehicles.
- Learn how to make Mom’s Christmas cookies.
- Take a photography class.
- Sew quilted stockings.
- Make another quilt.
- Run a 5K.
- Make another scrapbook for my in-law’s.
- Take more pictures of us together
I haven’t made any progress yet on my bucket list. Good thing I still have 11 months :)
Other notable events:
- We bought our first TV! It’s crazy having a tv after nearly 4 years without one. I don’t even know what to do with myself.
- We had one snow day (actually, no snow…only icy rain and icy roads…so technically an ice day)
- Less than one week later we had weather in the 70s and I went for a walk around the neighborhood in a t-shirt.
Yep. That’s pretty much it. January was a quiet, uneventful month. Which is just the way I like it right after the holidays.