I find it so fascinating what other people carry around with them in their purses or diaper bags and I think watching diaper bag packing videos is SO FUN (am I the only weirdo like that?). So I thought I’d give you a peek of what this kinda-crunchy, cloth-diapering, tendency-to-overpack mom keeps in her diaper bag.
For reference, I’m packing for a 3.5-year-old who is (mostly) potty trained, a 1.5-year-old who uses cloth diapers, and a few things for myself.
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link I make a small commission at no cost to you. This helps keep my blog running so thanks for your support!
The diaper bag that I currently carry is a Ju-Ju-Be Super Be. It’s big but not too massive (as far as my standard of “massive” goes). It’s not structured and doesn’t have tons of organization in it, which some people don’t like because it can get to be a bit of a black hole, but I like that it gives me the flexibility to add other things or toss things in it when I’m in a rush and not have to make sure everything is back in a proper place. My old diaper bag was very structured and organized but didn’t give me much wiggle room for tossing things in on the go.
As you can see here, it has a very wide opening at the top so it’s easy to access everything inside, but it can also be zipped shut to keep things contained. It’s hard to tell from this picture but there’s actually quite a bit of extra space in the top that I could fill up if I needed to.
- 2 BumGenius one size pocket diapers
- Bummis wet bag (size small)
- JuJuBe Be Quick
- disposable diaper for back up
- disposable changing pad (actually a puppy pee pad that I use as a disposable changing pad)
- a couple of Kroger sacks to use as trash bags
- Kushies changing pad
- Seedlings baby wipes
- CJs BUTTer diaper cream
- at least two pairs of underwear for Hudson
- extra pair of shorts for Hudson
- extra outfit for Parker
- Thirty one bag (I think it’s called a Mini Thermal Zipper but I’ve had it forever and I’m not sure it’s sold anymore)
- healthy snacks for both the kids and me – Lara bars, applesauce pouches, raisins, Ningxia Nitro, etc. (you can see some of my other favorite on-the-go healthy snack options here)
- Bumkins reusable snack bags with pretzels, crackers, etc.
- disposable placemats (we don’t use these super often but I bought some for when we went to Salt Lake City and now keep the extras in my bag just in case)
- water bottles (Contigo for me, Thermos or Munchkin for the boys)
- Ju-Ju-Be Be Quick with added strap (what I use as my purse)
- wallet, business cards, gum, keys, pens, lotion
- cloth menstrual pad and wet bag
- cinnamint lip balm and Savvy Minerals lip gloss
- Thieves hand purifier
- itovi scanner
essential oils, cleaning, etc.
- small Travelon packing cube for my portable charger, headphones, etc.
- Thieves cleaning wipes
- Thieves spray
- Thieves hand purifier
- DIY Thieves hand soap
- small container of Animal Scents ointment
- JuJuBe coin purse with bandaids, stickers, and Thieves cough drops
- oil bag full of a gazillion essential oils
toys and such
All packed up with plenty of room to spare!
I also made a video to show you how I pack everything up.
If you want to see what I packed in my old diaper bag (a Ju-Ju-Be BFF) when I just had one kiddo, you can check that out here.