Hey blog readers, if we’re going to be friends here are some things you need to know about me:
1. I very rarely rinse dishes before I put them in the dishwasher. This makes Michael a little bit crazy (sorry, babe). It’s just…that’s what dishwashers are for! I mean, if there is a ton of food in there I’ll clean off the worst of it, but usually I just put my dishes straight into the dishwasher. And they almost always get clean, so I feel justified.
2. Finding a double-wrapper-ed Reeses was one of the best things ever when I was younger (that’s when your Reeses has two of the brown waxy paper cup things on it). I have no idea why that was a big deal to me, but I just thought it was really special!
3. I real.bad want to be part of a flash mob.
4. I will feel like I’ve made it when I have all matching hangars in my closet. Not sure why this one matters to me, but having all matching hangars just seems really luxurious.
5. I do not like to talk on the phone. The awkwardness of the beginning of the conversation, trying to figure out how to end the conversation, it just stresses me out. I’d much rather text or email than call, with the exception of a few people.
6. I’m right handed, but left eye dominate. When I take a picture or shoot a gun I always close my right eye and use my left eye to see out of. It’s actually pretty hard for me to close my left eye and leave my right eye open. Maybe I have weak right eye muscles?
7. I have a secret desire to dye part of my hair purple. I have never wanted to dye my hair – not blonde, not highlights, and certainly not a crazy color. But one year I had a student who had should length brown hair, very similar to mine, and she had the underside of it dyed purple – it actually looked really cool. When she wore it down the purple just peeked out a little, but when she wore it up in a ponytail you could see it. I don’t think I’ll ever be gutsy enough to do it, especially since I’d have to bleach the hair before then dying it, but that’s one of my secret, if-I-lived-another-life, wishes.
What about you? Are you a dish rinser or not? What are your little quirks?