Welcome Young Living business builder, or future Young Living business builder, or just curious human in general! I want to share with you a super amazing tool that I’ve found that if you’re wanting to pursue the business side of Young Living (or already are and want to make your business even better) you totally need!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link I make a small commission at no cost to you. This helps keep my blog running so thanks for your support!
The tool that I am (and it seems the majority of Young Living leaders are) so crazy about is the book Gameplan.
So I’ve been doing the whole Young Living business thing for three years now (I actually started growing my business three years ago this month! Happy biz-iversary to me!) and I have to tell you…I SO BADLY wish I’d had this book back when I started. It is amazing and such a great resource for any new business builder.
Sarah Harnisch is a Young Living Diamond who wrote this book when she was a Platinum. I won’t spoil Sarah’s story for you but basically she went from living just barely above the poverty line to hitting the rank of Platinum (average income of over $14,000 a month) in less than a year and a half. In Gameplan she maps out what she did to grow her business so quickly.
(When we discuss the income potential with Young Living we are required to post the Income Disclosure Statement so here you go: youngliving.com/ids)
What’s covered in Gameplan?
- Why you’d want a Young Living business
- Overcoming excuses and avoiding distractions
- A tour of your Virtual Office and what all the terms mean
- How to share about oils
- How to get people to your classes
- How to teach classes (including scripts you can use)
- How to stay compliant when you’re sharing about oils
- How to follow up with people
- How to build relationships
- How to structure your Young Living organization
- A brief overview of the compensation plan
- Finding balance so that your business doesn’t take over your life
It’s pretty much a “how to start your Young Living business” in a nutshell. My copy is all highlighted and marked up and I have flags and bookmarks in the sections that I reference frequently. It’s something that I recommend to anyone on my team who is wanting to start building their business. My favorite part is definitely the information on how to get classes, how to get people to the classes, and what to say in the classes, because teaching oils classes is the bread and butter of an essential oil business.
And that’s not all. The Gameplan book is only part of what is offered. There’s also:
- A Gameplan workbook that you can use alongside your book that helps you take the concepts in the book and apply them to yourself and your team (or future team if you’re brand new)
- Gameplan mini books that contain just two chapters of the large Gameplan book and are perfect for sharing with newer members or non-members who may or may not be interested yet to help them decide if the business is right for them
- A full bootcamp of 25 videos (one video per chapter) that Sarah did walking you through the book and expanding on what she wrote in the book
- An audio version of the book if you prefer to listen rather than read
If you are already a Young Living member and are wanting to build your business I cannot recommend highly enough that you grab the book, the workbook, and start working your way through the video bootcamp. It is really going to help you launch your business!
If you are not a Young Living member yet but want to begin your Young Living business I would love to welcome you to my team and help you along on your journey! You can get started here.