I love the idea of trying out new makeup looks and I like to buy new makeup to add to my stash, but in reality I just want a simple, quick look that I can use day in and day out. I shared with you a while ago about my quest to find natural, non-toxic makeup to replace what I had been using so I thought now I’d share what I use on a daily basis. I call this my 5 minute makeup routine because it literally takes me less than five minutes to apply.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link I make a small commission at no cost to you. This helps keep my blog running so thanks for your support!
My line up
- Primer (Luminous Primer from 100% Pure) – Once I discovered primer I don’t think I can ever go back! Using a primer helps my makeup go on super smooth.
- Foundation (Pressed Foundation with Rosehip Antioxidant Complex from Alima Pure) – I am not a fan of liquid foundation and thankfully since my skin is fairly clear I can usually get by with using a powder foundation alone for the coverage that I want
- Bronzer (Cocoa Gem from 100% Pure) – This color is pretty light (good since I’m so pale) and just adds a touch of shimmer
- Blush, highlighter, and eyeshadow (Pretty Naked Palette from 100% Pure) – Makeup minimalist here so I like having a palette that has all three of these together…that way I know the colors look nice together and I can’t screw that up, plus it’s less stuff to keep up with and open (you can also buy some of them individually if you don’t want a palette: blush, highlighter, and pink eyeshadow – the other two eye shadows are not for purchase individually)
- Eye liner (Ink eye pencil from Alima Pure) – Eye liner and mascara are really my only makeup must haves.
- Mascara (Maracuja mascara in Black Tea from 100% Pure) – I’m actually out of the Black Tea color so in the pictures and video tutorial I’m using the Dark Chocolate (which actually smells like chocolate) but Black Tea is my preference
- Lip balm (Cinnamint from Young Living) – I HATE dry lips so I always have to put on some lip balm before I apply any color
- Lipstick (Fruit Pigmented Lip Creamstick in Perfect Naked Pink from 100% Pure) – Love love love these creamsticks. I am super picky about lipstick and I hate when it clumps up on the insides of your lips or feels all waxy and this one meets my standards.
- Lip gloss (Young Living L’Briante lip gloss/essential oil scent duo in the neutral color/winter scent) – I’m also picky about gloss. This one is amazing though and doesn’t leave the sticky feeling that a lot of glosses have.
Here’s my before (left) and after (right) applying my makeup. Not a huge difference since I don’t use a ton of makeup, just enough to smooth things out.
If you want to see a tutorial, I filmed myself putting on my makeup sharing what I use and how. I am by NO means a makeup artist so I probably did it all wrong but it’s what works for me!
Pin it for later: