I love the idea of trying out new makeup looks and I like to buy new makeup to add to my stash, but in reality I just want a simple, quick look that I can use day in and day out. I shared with you a while ago about my quest to find natural, non-toxic makeup to replace what I had been using so I thought now I’d share what I use on a daily basis. I call this my 5 minute makeup routine because it literally takes me less than five minutes to apply.
*note* since I wrote this post Young Living came out with their own makeup line and I have switched over to using all their products. I still think the makeup I shared about below is good, but I knowing Young Living’s commitment to quality and being a YL distributor myself of course I wanted to use my own company’s products. At some point I’ll do an updated post sharing what my new Savvy Minerals makeup lineup consists of.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link I make a small commission at no cost to you. This helps keep my blog running so thanks for your support!
My line up
- Primer (Luminous Primer from 100% Pure) – Once I discovered primer I don’t think I can ever go back! Using a primer helps my makeup go on super smooth.
- Foundation (Pressed Foundation with Rosehip Antioxidant Complex from Alima Pure) – I am not a fan of liquid foundation and thankfully since my skin is fairly clear I can usually get by with using a powder foundation alone for the coverage that I want
- Bronzer (Cocoa Gem from 100% Pure) – This color is pretty light (good since I’m so pale) and just adds a touch of shimmer
- Blush, highlighter, and eyeshadow (Pretty Naked Palette from 100% Pure) – Makeup minimalist here so I like having a palette that has all three of these together…that way I know the colors look nice together and I can’t screw that up, plus it’s less stuff to keep up with and open (you can also buy some of them individually if you don’t want a palette: blush, highlighter, and pink eyeshadow – the other two eye shadows are not for purchase individually)
- Eye liner (Ink eye pencil from Alima Pure) – Eye liner and mascara are really my only makeup must haves.
- Mascara (Maracuja mascara in Black Tea from 100% Pure) – I’m actually out of the Black Tea color so in the pictures and video tutorial I’m using the Dark Chocolate (which actually smells like chocolate) but Black Tea is my preference
- Lip balm (Cinnamint from Young Living) – I HATE dry lips so I always have to put on some lip balm before I apply any color
- Lipstick (Fruit Pigmented Lip Creamstick in Perfect Naked Pink from 100% Pure) – Love love love these creamsticks. I am super picky about lipstick and I hate when it clumps up on the insides of your lips or feels all waxy and this one meets my standards.
- Lip gloss (Young Living L’Briante lip gloss/essential oil scent duo in the neutral color/winter scent) – I’m also picky about gloss. This one is amazing though and doesn’t leave the sticky feeling that a lot of glosses have.
Here’s my before (left) and after (right) applying my makeup. Not a huge difference since I don’t use a ton of makeup, just enough to smooth things out.
If you want to see a tutorial, I filmed myself putting on my makeup sharing what I use and how. I am by NO means a makeup artist so I probably did it all wrong but it’s what works for me!
Pin it for later: